Monday 19 November 2012

Home Or Away This Christmas?

So Christmas is coming up, Are you one of those who stays at home or are you one that visits?

I know a lot of families meet up to have that magical time but can Christmas really have that same feeling through technology?

Technologies like skype and other videocall software, do you know anyone who this as a form of communication over Christmas? I usually have about 10 relatives down for Christmas and it's always a great time. But this year it's going to be a bit different. I'm having to travel over Christmas this year and I'm really not looking forward to it. So I have been looking into websites that might help me get in video contact with my family.

So far I have researched several websites that don't have the need for software downloads.

The top website that I came across was the almighty Google+ they seemed to have free conference calls with little hassle, along as you are signed up. Another alternative seemed to be TokBox, but I believe they have just changed to a APP style program.

So in the end i've settled for downloading the skype app, I believe it will be easier to get going once I settle and my Somerset accommodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment